Monday, January 14, 2008

Is this January?





It has been a strange January indeed. We broke a weather record last week, reaching a high of 64! While I am not complaining, as that warmth allowed for some otherwise neglected chores to be completed, it is hard to get used to days and days without snow.

There is a dusting of snow on the ground today, and the temperatures are falling into the more "normal" range for this time of year. The chickens are laying well, 5 eggs today, and the sheep and bunnies are quite warm in their wool coats. I have been working along on a few of my goals for 2008, and have plied almost all of the singles that I had spun in 2006/2007 and neglected to finish. I located another pound of singles yesterday while organizing "my stash", so I guess it will be a few more days before I can begin spinning something new.

This year my creative endeavors are taking a new focus, and I am entering uncharted territory. I have finally said "no" to making my hobby a business, and have decided that all art and fibery adventures will be strictly for learning and entertainment. I am not trying to supplement my income or even partially pay for my interests. I will follow my heart and not put my artistic ideas on a time clock. I will try and keep gift knitting and creating on a more sane time clock, but that should be much easier now since I am juggling a few less commitments.

So, if you are up for what I hope will be an exciting and thought provoking adventure, grab your fiber, your coffee/tea, and your sense of wonder because here we go!

No comments: