Saturday, January 19, 2008

Idgie meets the new kid on the block


My new wheel has arrived! I am quite thrilled about this, and checked the UPS tracker daily to be sure that it would arrive on time. I am planning on spinning on it today, and have 8 oz. of merino ready to go. Idgie, my Louet S-10DT, is trying to make friends, and hopes that this wheel is here to stay. She has "made friends" with more wheels than I care to count at this point, only to see them move on to other pastures. I told her that I intend for this to be the last wheel change.

The weather has taken a shift, and it was pretty chilly this morning when I went out to feed and water. At least the winds have died down, so everyone is much calmer than yesterday. I always find high winds to be very unsettling.

My January Gift-a-Long goals are coming along very well, and I am hoping to have three children's sweaters done by the end of Monday. The bodies on all three are complete, and later today I will begin necklines and sleeves. Cotton is not my favorite yarn to knit, but at least I am using up approximately 15 or 16 balls of 1824 Cotton from my stash. I picked up two complementary balls of 1824 Cotton yesterday, just in case I run out. If I don't end up needing them, I will use them towards a gift for my new niece/nephew who will be arriving sometime in June.

The display for the Canastota Library is coming along very nicely. I spent much of last weekend gathering samples of my work and assorted tools. Today, I am going to finalize the cabinet displays and type up the corresponding tags and information sheets. I am enjoying creating an exhibit that is more about process than product. After much introspection this past Fall, I finally realized that I am not a product person, which is why trying to have a business has been so challenging for me. It was that enlightenment that led me to close my business in December, and instead pursue my interests for the sake of learning and personal growth. I am finally enjoying creating again.




No comments: